Our Green Policy
Whitehill Country Park are proud owners of the Gold David Bellamy Conservation Award. We were awarded this due to our ongoing commitment to being a holiday park with a conscience, providing a high-quality holiday experience to our guests whilst maintaining a green friendly ethos.
We are mindful that through our holiday park we have the potential to seriously reduce our footprint and strive to ensure that we achieve this by operating in a sustainable way at all times.
It all begins with our promise to minimising our impact on the natural environment by adopting a wealth of eco-friendly measures, while actively seeking to encourage sustainable tourism through green-friendly activities and initiatives.
This is outlined in our three core environmental principles: how our holiday park can help the local environment, how we encourage our offer to achieve our goal of being as sustainable as we can possibly be.
How Does Our Holiday Park Helps?
• We support local suppliers wherever possible, including Bays Brewery and Hunts Cider, both of which are based in South Devon
• We raise funds for a range of local charities and organisations such as Torbay Coast & Countryside Trust, Marine Wildlife and Devon Air Ambulance.
• We understand that every little helps and so we actively encourage our team to adopt environmentally friendly working practices.
• Our offices have been adapted to be as sustainable as possible with low-energy lightbulbs and recycling of all office equipment where possible.
• We make a conscious effort to purchase recycled equipment where possible, with our waste cooking oil recycled for use on road resurfacing.
• We monitor our water consumption on a regular basis through a great partnership with South West Water and use water hippos in our facilities.
How Our Guests Can Help
• We encourage guests to give their car a holiday too by making use of our excellent public transport links and our bespoke Walking Trail Guide.
• We ask our guests to reuse plastic bags wherever possible or purchase one of our funky eco-friendly shopping bags from our on-site shops.
• All our caravans and lodges come with Green Recycling Bag to make carrying your recyclable waste to our Recycling Stations as easy as possible.
• We encourage our guests to reduce their carbon footprint by adopting energy-saving methods such as turning the lights off before you leave.
Our Green Friendly Facilities
• Our holiday park offers a range of Fairtrade products to our guests and we are always adding more eco-friendly products to the list.
• We encourage our guests to get out and explore all that the great outdoors has to offer with our bespoke Walking and Cycling Trail Guides.
• Guests are invited to give our Letterbox Nature Trails a try, which offers participants the chance to learn about our local flora and fauna.
• Our Zero to Landfill Recycling Scheme was introduced in 2015 to help our holiday park's achieve their goal of recycling up to 70% of our waste.
• Our holiday parks have taken David Bellamy's Honey Bee Friendly Park Project and have planted more pollen-rich plants and introduced Bee B&Bs.
FUN FACT: Look out for the various bird and bat boxes which can be found around our holiday park, plus a Critters Corner complete with Hedgehog House.
Useful Green Links