Our Access Statement
We pride ourselves on offering first-class customer service at all times and strives to ensure that all our guests enjoy our wonderful accommodation and facilities. Our aim is to help in any way that we can and should you require assistance during your stay or whilst planning your visit, we will be delighted to assist.
- We cater for tents, touring caravans, motorhomes, camping pods and have holiday caravans and lodges available for hire.
- Our Brochure and Park Map is available in large print and we can post a copy of our Access Statement to you if required.
- We offer email, text phone and staff are happy to accept Type Talk calls.
- Our nearest town is Paignton and is served by a train and bus station, together with a taxi rank.
- A public bus transport stop is located at the park gate, with bus timetables available in Reception.
- Our nearest shop mobility is Victoria Car Park, Garfield Road, Paignton, Tel: 01803 521771 or Pluss Organisation Ltd, Waddeton Close, Brixham Road. Paignton, Tel: 01803 520386.
- The following local taxi companies offer wheelchair-access transport and can be reached on Tel: 01803 211611 or Tel: 01803 213213 – both companies require notice.
Arrival & Car Parking Facilities
- As you drive into our main entrance you enter our car park. A contact telephone number for the park and for assistance is located to the right on the outside of the security shed.
- The car park and roadway leading to Reception are tarmacked.
- We have two disabled allocated parking spaces near to Reception. They are approximately 25 metres away from Reception, with a few benches for resting places along the way.
- The door is a single door with an entrance gap width of 81cm.
Main Entrance and Reception
- A number of staff have attended a ‘Welcome’ courses including `Welcome All`.
- In Reception there is ample room for a large wheelchair to manoeuvre and turn. The door way is 81cm wide.
- Reception has a pad and pen on the counter. The counter is 107cm high.
- The opening times of Reception are displayed on the door along with 24-hour contact details.
Public Areas - General (External)
- Tarmac roads service all parts of the park with the occasional speed ramp located in our touring section.
- There are grass areas either side of the ramps to allow for wheelchairs, pushchairs, etc.
- There are benches located around the park.
- The park is hilly but all the main facilities are in a flat area.
Public Areas - WC
- The park has three toilet blocks servicing the touring section, with a general parking bay outside of each. There are disabled toilets and showers in our Great Orchard amenities block.
- Each of our other facilities have adequate shower and WC facilities where appropriate. There is a disabled toilet with ramp access near to the Country Shop and Reception.
- For more information on touring facilities, please refer to the touring section.
Restaurant, Bar & Lounges, Take Away & Cafe
- The Hayloft Café/Takeaway and bars have accessible parking bays around 10 metres away from the main doors of each facility.
- There are double doors opening into the café/takeaway at 1.6 metres wide when both doors are opened. This facility is accessed by one step.
- The Hayloft Bar and Granary disco are located on the first floor and accessible by stairs and also a sloping ramp which is 139cm wide.
- Tables and chairs can be re-arranged on request to accommodate wheelchairs.
- The bar also has an outside terrace which is accessed by the same ramp.
- All public areas are non-smoking.
- This area has a disabled access toilet with grab rails and low level basin. This is located on the ground floor below the arcade.
- The laundry has parking bays approximately 10 metres away.
- It has level access throughout with a door width of 1.23 metres
- All washing machines are front loading.
- All ironing boards can be reached from the sitting position.
- There are tables and seating.
- Accessed by a paved and cobbled area with wide doors.
- There is a parking bay approximately 10 metres away the shop.
- The shop is on one level.
- There is ample room within for a large wheelchair to manoeuvre and turn.
- The counter is 91cm high.
- The staff will assist if required.
- There are three children’s play areas.
- The surface under the play equipment is a mixture of rubber and bark all other areas are grass. The areas are level and are located near the touring facilities with a disabled access shower/toilet and baby changing area. Also near Reception and the outdoor pool.
- There are benches in this area.
- The outdoor pool is accessible through 10 steps to an open gate of 1.2m wide and also by another entrance which has 2 steps.
- There are ample sun loungers and chairs on one level.
- The pool has metal steps with non-slip pads to access the pool.
Granary and Amusement Arcade
- The disco and arcade are accessed through doors of a width of 81cm metres. You can gain access by the long walkway ramp which is 139cm wide.
- There are raised areas of seating and also areas, which are level.
- Chairs and tables can be moved.
- All areas are non-smoking.
- Some entertainment programmes have strobe lighting effects and loud music - please check with Reception for further information.
- Many caravans have three steps leading up to the main door with hand rail.
- They range from a two bedroom to three bedrooms, sleeping up to six people.
- Parking for caravans is next to each of the holiday caravans.
- All accommodation is non-smoking.
- We have a wide variety of information in our Reception area.
- Our staff have a vast knowledge of the local area so feel to ask for any advice.
- Pick up your copy of the English Riviera Attractions Passport from Reception for discounts and savings across a wealth of attractions.
Grounds & Gardens
- The park is large and spacious; the distance from the park to the nearby beach of Goodrington Sands is approximately 2.6 miles.
- We have been awarded the Gold David Bellamy Award for several years running.
- Although we have tried to be as accurate as possible and include as much details as we can in this statement, we are always willing to provide further information on any aspect of the park.
- If this statement does not answer your particular question, please let us know and we will endeavour to answer your query and amend this statement for future use.
Whitehill Country Park, Stoke Road, Paignton, Devon TQ4 7PF
Address: Whitehill Country Park, Stoke Road, Paignton, Devon TQ4 7PF
Telephone: 01803 782338
Email: [email protected]
We are constantly updating and re-investing in our facilities. We will keep you updated on all future plans via our website, blogs and e-newsletters.
We welcome your feedback to help us continuously improve. If you have any comments please call 01803 782338 or email [email protected]