Covid-19 Update | Managing Your Holiday Expectations
We are delighted to be welcoming guests back to our family-run holiday park and thank you for your continued patience and understanding over the last few months.
In these unprecedented times we do feel its important for all our guests to fully understand there will be a number of changes to your usual Whitehill experience as we strive to implement the strict Government guidelines to ensure the site is, and remains, Covid-Secure for the safety of guests, staff and our local community.
As a family-run holiday park we are taking these measures very seriously and whilst we appreciate the list of restrictions and additional guidelines are extensive we need to ensure all guests are fully aware of their obligations and responsibilities in maintaining a safe, friendly and relaxing environment for everyone using the park.
Please read the following information so you are fully aware of what to expect as we all adapt to the 'new normal'.
It will be very different
Here are the main points to consider…
Spick and Span
Robust cleaning and hygiene procedures are in place throughout the park and hand sanitising stations are located at key points which should be used before and after visiting the facilities. Whilst every effort will be made to reduce the spread of infection, shared facilities remain high-risk areas. All guests must remain alert, follow the guidance on social distancing and practice good personal hygiene at all times.
Please ensure you are up to date with the latest government advice and COVID-19 regulations and understand what this means for your personal circumstances. If you do make the decision to continue with your break then we will assume that you and your party are compliant with all government and local advice.
We are implementing a ‘drive-through’ check-in at the main gate for all new arrivals. To speed up this service please ensure you have your booking number ready.
All our arrival information will now be online only and we will not be providing paper copies on your arrival. You will receive an email a few days before your holidays starts with further details and links or Click here to view our current online Arrivals Information
Delayed Check In Times | Holiday Caravan & Lodge Bookings only
Due to the enhanced cleaning procedures in place, check in times for Holiday Caravans and Lodges will be affected. We recommend arriving no earlier than 2pm. Accommodation will not be accessible until 5pm. This is to allow our Housekeeping team the additional time to ensure the accommodation is thoroughly cleaned and sanitised prior to your arrival. We are required to remove any 'non-essential inventory' from our accommodation - items you will no longer find include cushions, throws, bread bins etc.
Check-in time for Pods, Camping and Touring will be from 12 noon as usual.
Social Distancing Protocols
Staying Safe | Social Distancing Whilst On Holiday
Social distancing guidelines must be followed at all times and for the safety of our guests and staff we will continue to practice 2 metre distancing onsite, this can only be reduced to 1 metre in areas where other measures (eg. Perspex screens) are in place.
Hands - Face - Space
Hands - Face - Space
Please remember that:
- You must not meet with people from other households socially in groups of more than 6. This will apply indoors and outdoors, at all venues and includes private homes and holiday accommodation. This limit will be enforceable in law. You can only gathering in larger groups when everyone is from the same household/support group.
- The maximum occupancy for our Holiday Caravans and Pitches is 6 - however, if you have booking which you feel would breach this law, please contact us on 01803 782338 and we can run you through the options available.
- Face coverings must be worn in all indoor public areas.
- Children must be accompanied by an adult at all times to ensure social distance is maintained.
Only registered guests are permitted onsite. Under the current government guidelines, visitors are not permitted - if you have friends in the area please arrange to meet them elsewhere.
Our staff have the right to refuse service to anyone failing to comply with social distancing regulations. This could also lead to the immediate termination of your stay at Whitehill.
What's Open At Whitehill
We are working to safely open as many facilities as possible. The facilities currently available include our Shop, Hayloft Bar and Terrace, Granary Bar, Hatch Take-Away, Launderette, Outdoor Playgrounds, Fitness Suite and Outdoor Swimming Pool. (See below for current opening times)
A ‘Take-Away’ food service will be available which you can order for collection from the Hatch or delivery to you table in the bar area. Unfortunately the current guidelines, limiting staff numbers in the kitchen, mean we cannot safely provide a full restaurant service in the Hayloft Bar at this time.
10pm Curfew - Please be aware that all Bars and Resturants must now close at 10pm. Last orders will be 9:30pm and all customers must leave no later than 10pm
The Soft Play and Arcade areas remains closed until further notice.
Swimming At Whitehill
To comply with the Governmnet Guidelines and ensure the safety of our guests and staff, we have made some changes to the way we operate our pool. Swimmer numbers are strictly limited, and timed sessions are now in place. Between each session, the area will close for 15 minutes to allow for additional cleaning around the poolside and high-contact area.
So as many of our guests as possible can enjoy this facility:
- Use is limited to 1 session per day, per accommodation booking.
- A maximum of 6 swimmers per booking.
- A maximum of 2 non-swimming spectators will be permitted on the poolside.
- Each session is 45 minutes.
- New bookable sessions will be released daily (between 9am-11am) for the following day. Bookable one day in advance on a 'first come' basis.
- Group bookings are not supported and we kindly ask you to remember the social distancing guidelines at all times
Click here to Book Your Swimming Session - please understand that we will need to take the names of everyone using the facility, plus your accommodation number.
Fitness Suite At Whitehill
- All Fitness Suite sessions must now be pre-booked
- To ensure as many guests as possible can access this facility, bookable sessions are limited to 45 minutes (with 15 minute cleaning break in between sessions)
- Hire of the Fitness Suite is £6 per session
- Each bookable session provides private use of the Fitness Suite for One Household (Max 4 people from the same household)
- All users must be aged 16 years+ and an accompanying adult (18+) must be present at all times.
- Before booking a Fitness Suite Session all users must carefully read the Exercise Readiness Questionnaire. You will be required to confirm your understanding and acceptance when completing the online booking.
Our Shire Craft Centre is open on Saturdays and Sunday 10am-12pm throughout September
- 10am Pottery Painting £5
- 11am DIY Music Makers £3
- 10am Design A T Shirt £5
- 11am Create A Bear £9
Go Wild in the Bluebell woods at our Kids Go Wild Woodland Craft Sessions
Saturdays from 19th September
- 10am & 11:15am Kids Go Wild £3 per person
Please be aware that numbers for our activities are strictly limited and pre-booking is essential
Evening Entertainment | Selected Nights from 8pm
Enjoy live music and entertainment featuring our brilliant Entertainers Harriet, Chris and Derry on Friday, Saturday, Monday and Wednesday evening from 8pm in the Granary this September.
Card or Contactless Payments only
We will no longer be accepting cash as payment on site. All payments must be made using card or contactless methods.
Out and About
We are lucky to be located in a beautiful countryside setting, within close reach of spectacular coastline and beautiful Devon beaches, the Southwest Coast Path and Dartmoor National Park. Onsite you’ll find private woodland walking trails and from the park you can enjoy a peaceful socially distanced walk to the village of Stoke Gabriel with its picturesque mill pool and quay. (see maps)
Lots of our local attractions including Paignton Zoo, Dartmouth Steam Railway, Totnes Rare Breeds Farm, Reach Outdoors, Babbacombe Model Village and Pennywell Farm - to name just a few - are open and ready to welcome you this summer! Click here for the latest information about our local attractions and things to do
As responsible park operators we would encourage all guests to act diligently and continue to follow social distancing measures when exploring our wonderful local area.
We appreciate that due to the current restrictions you may not wish to visit the park at this time. If you have any questions or concerns about an existing booking, please call us on 01803 782338 or email [email protected] and we can discuss the options available.